Health Insurance Plans
UF employees may choose from several health insurance plans options. For more detailed information, including links to provider websites for state and GatorCare health plans, please visit the UF HR Benefits website.
Health Insurance Plan Comparison Chart
See the eligibility chart to review which plans you qualify for, depending on your classification.
Any decisions regarding health care coverage must take into consideration the cost of the coverage. Review the premiums for most insurance plans here.
Information about state of Florida health insurance plans, including:
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO with Florida Blue)
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO with multiple vendors and service area based on county)
- State Prescription Drug Program
- Health Investor High Deductible plans with a Health Savings Account (PPO & HMOs with multiple vendors and service area based on county)
- State Flexible Spending Accounts
The State Insurance Plans page summarizes these programs.
GatorCare is a group health plan that is currently offered to certain employees at the university. While designed as a self-insured plan, Florida Blue and Magellan Pharmacy Solutions provide daily support for the administration of the plan. Find out more.